When shipping samples using our prepaid labels, clients MUST adhere to the Packaging Guidelines and Procedures listed below. .
Packaging Guidelines and Procedures:
- FOR GROUND SERVICE: Use a rigid box with flaps intact that is consistent with the volume and weight of sample(s) being shipped.
- FOR OVERNIGHT OR SECOND DAY SERVICE: Mylar shipping bags must be ordered with our overnight and second day service labels. Labels will be delivered affixed to the ordered bag size.
- Remove any labels, hazardous materials indicators, and other previous and now irrelevant shipping markings from the box.
- If shipping liquid material, place those containers in a sealable plastic bag.
- Use adequate cushioning material particularly with heavy or liquid samples.
- Use tape designed for shipping.
- Affix labels for easy viewing with complete delivery and return information.
- Place your samples with a completed submission form inside the box.
CVAS supports recycling and re-using. However, when reusing packaging materials, you must follow proper procedures. Reused boxes and containers that once held liquor, beer, wine, cosmetics, cleaning supplies, aerosols or other hazardous or flammable items MUST HAVE any previous markings completely removed or obliterated. If boxes still display markings associated with hazardous, prohibited, or restricted materials, these packages will be treated as if they still contain the items reflected in the markings. These markings will result in the package being destroyed and fines being assessed. SAMPLES SHIPPED UPS OVERNIGHT AND SECOND DAY AIR MUST BE SHIPPING USING PROVIDED MYLAR BAGS WITH PRE-AFFIXED LABELS.
Use of CVAS pre-paid shipping labels is an agreement with CVAS to abide by the Packaging Guidelines and Procedures. Failure to follow these guidelines will result in the shipper being held responsible for any shipping liabilities or fines. It is also an agreement to pay shipping costs as published on the CVAS website.
Shipping supplies can be ordered on our website HERE.